Emails play an important part in every individual’s life. No day goes by when you don’t check your email account. In such a scenario, it would become quite a challenging situation if you find your email stopped working. Many iCloud users report that their iCloud email not working on Windows 10. This problem can surely feel quite irritating. This problem can occur due to several reasons. But there are a few fixes that you can implement. In this article, you’ll read about different measures you can use to make your iCloud email function properly on Windows 10.
Resolutions for the iCloud Email Not Working Problem
You can resolve this problem in various ways. Given below are some effective fixes that will troubleshoot the various causes of this problem.
Fix iCloud account settings that or out-of-date
If your iCloud account settings or outdated on the Windows Mail app, you will certainly face an iCloud Mail problem. Follow these steps to fix the out-of-date account settings.
- Navigate to http://appleid.apple.com. Sign in with your Apple ID and password.
- Verify your identity by confirming the passcode. Apple will send the code to you on your iPhone or iPad.
- Navigate to the ‘Security’ tab and tap ‘Generate Password.’ Enter the password label and tap ‘Create.’ An app-specific password will get created.
- Copy it and add it to your iCloud account or Outlook app. Choose the ‘Start’ menu. Then select ‘Mail’ followed by ‘Accounts.’
- Choose that iCloud account that’s out-of-date so that the ‘Account Settings’ dialog box displays.
- In the dialog box, change your Apple password with the app-specific password you got earlier.
- Tap ‘Save.’
Turn on the two-step verification
Enabling the two-step verification is another method to try when you Find iCloud mail not working. To enable it, follow these steps.
- Navigate to the Apple ID’s login page.
- Sign in to your Apple account.
- Give an answer to all the security questions properly.
- Tap ‘Continue.’
- Tap the ‘Security’ tab followed by the ‘Get Started’ option. It is below the two-step verification.
- Tap ‘Continue.’
- Choose your preferred region and input your phone number.
- Tap ‘Continue’ again. You’ll get a 4-digit verification code on your phone.
- Type this code in the relevant field and tap ‘Continue.’
Reset Windows 10 mail app and re-add your iCloud account
If the above two solutions don’t work out for you, you can reset your Windows 10 mail app. Reset it by following these steps.
- Go to ‘Settings.’ From there, navigate to ‘Apps and Features.’
- Tap ‘Mail & Calendar.’
- Choose ‘Advanced Options’ followed by ‘Reset.’
- Now, start your PC again.
- Add your iCloud account again and see if the problem is fixed.
Implement these measures whenever you find iCloud email not working. These fixes will allow your iCloud account to work efficiently again. But if the resolution doesn’t work or you feel stuck in the middle, speak with expert technical customer support services. The professionals will troubleshoot the issue for you speedily.